Indication of a Bomoh

About a month ago, I was looking for interesting birds to photograph in Taman Tasik Menjalara.  Here is a somewhat out-of-focus yellow-vented bulbul.  Quite likely, I had set the camera to Scene mode, rather than Bird mode.  The reason for this habit is that I have missed out on a few interesting birds when I walk with the lens zoomed out to the max and the setting on Bird mode.  If instead I put the camera in Scene mode with only moderate zoom I can get one quick photo of the bird and its surroundings without having to refocus or re-aim.  In bird photography I find that every split second counts, especially with small active birds.   If the bird remains in place I switch modes and zoom in for a better picture.  Were I better at identifying bird song I could keep the camera setting locked to Bird mode. This is how one thing leads to another with hobbies that I take up. 

 
In this instance, however, I noticed a flash of blue out of the corner of my eye and turned to see two one- ringgits tied to a tree. So I don't have a nicely focused photo of that bulbul.


Closer-up, to convince you this is actual money.  I did not switch to Macro mode, so the RM 1 is too close for clear focus.  At the time I was not thinking this was a photo I would publish; now, I regret being impatient.

I left the money in place, but when I returned to the park a week later  it was gone.  The location is shrubby and 4 or 5 metres from the walking path. Hence the RM would not be seen by a casual jogger.  I imagine someone was instructed by their bomoh (psychic / spirit medium).  If you are a Malaysian or you have some knowledge of this practice I would appreciate your comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Visit to Sungai Congkak- Part 1

Black Giant Squirrel / Tupai Kerawak Hitam

A Water Feature - For the Birds?